Drop-through longboard universal simple nose guard
After the first time looking freezed at your longboard going to hit on something really fast, you will desidere to protect your longboard’s nose.
Longboards can be very expensive and some brands produce nose guards that fits their boards.
I’ve been looking around on the web for a nose-guard for my Dervish Sama, but I couldn’t find anything (there’s one custom made for the old Dervish, not for the Sama) that I liked.
Searching on the web, you’ll find that there are 3 main type of self-made nose guards:
– Duct tape
All these solutions are effective but they are boring to remove and your longboard will look… ugly.
I just wanted something small and that I could remove in any moment… I don’t really need it when cruising through the city. The solution I found it is:
– for drop-through longboards only
– good for freeriding
– not suited for downhill
– it works only for the central part of your nose (but most of the times it’s where it gets hitted)
– it’s simple to do, you can remove and reposition it in a couple of seconds all the times you want
Stuff you’ll need:
- velcro strips (as large as you can find them, in this example they are 5cm wide but it’s possible to find 10cm wide too that’s much better)
- thin shock pad or rubber/PVC strip
- shoe glue (shoe glue is preferred ’cause it will stay flexy when dry)
For every nose:
1) Cut velcro in 2 small strips
2) cut the shock pads or the rubber in one strip that’s just a little smaller than the velcro
3) glue them together leaving one end of the velcro with a little part free of glue
…once sticked together with the second part of the velcro, more or less they will look like down here, one for each nose of your longboard
4) apply them to you longboard’s nose.
It will not move, just try! You can add more rubber thickness in the front if you want. Using a 10cm wide velcro (here is just 5cm) will improve final protection.
Your board will look like mine and you’ll need just 1 second to take them off or to re-apply them.
Last but not least: I tested it, it works.
Warning: Parameter 2 to wp_plugin_associated_posts::Filter_Posts_Result() expected to be a reference, value given in /web/htdocs/www.air-one.net/home/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 287